After the keynote this morning I rolled by the BlackBerry booth and stumbled upon the Twitter pod. After some smooth talking (just kidding, no smooth talking required), I was informed that the Official Twitter for BlackBerry client will be rolling out to the public on March 31st. Only a few weeks ago it was rolled out as an invite-only beta, but if you still haven’t checked it out you won’t have to wait much longer. The beta has been going strong and although the results are mixed, everyone who hasn’t yet had a chance to play with RIM’s own Twitter client will surely be itching to get a hold of it in just over a week. Thats all we know for now, so keep it locked here and we’ll bring you more details if anything pops up.
- Improve the overall speed of
- The ability to edit user profile
- Support for user-created lists
Besides for these feature updates the Twitter app will also get some OS 6.0-specific features:
- Possible to attribute a person with Twitter contact in your address book
- Integration with Configuration Wizard
- Integrating the universal search (probably search on the device will also take into account the results from Twitter)
Category: Mobile News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Blackberry addict, love testing new themes and apps. Volunteer fireman, New Jersey Devils fan.