So the Apple Live 4.0 show is done, what did you miss?
Multi Tasking – Folders – Unified Mail and so on and so on… blah lol Apple you did it again with a hurrah of fireworks and magic. You seem to make your phone events worth the show up! I have grabbed the article from ENGADGET.com (all images provided by Engadget.com) so you can just run through and read up on what you would like to. They have 7 “tentpoles” to their circus tent and here they are!
Multitasking: 7 Tenpoles (Shot at Microsoft 7 Series?)
1. Dock Multitasking – Allows users to switch between applications while keeping the previous application running in the background while scrolling through a bottom scrollable dock
2.) VOIP – Allows users to receive calls via “Skype” or any VOIP app
3. Background Location – While running “Pandora” or any music application while using an app for navigation, it will allow the music to be lowered so you can hear the navigation, happening both simultaneously
4. Push Notifications – Instead of pulling data/information and draining battery, apple decided to allow developers to implement the api to have data/information pushed from apple servers to the device (BlackBerry does this the best so far IMHO)
5. Local Notifications – Allow applications to notify you while your in other applications
6 Task Completion- Upload Pictures while playing games, surfing the web, or riding a bull (please don’t try that)
7. Fast App Switching – Quicker Switch with Less Battery Drain = Good
………..Wait, I thought we stopped at 7? So here’s the goodies in the Tent itself haha
Unified Inbox – Gmail with my Hotmail mixed with my WJDDesigns.com mail – They needed that one!
iBooks – Reading is lame but they still added it in! A library of books YAY lol
Enterprise – Allow business implementation inside the OS aka make it more BlackBerry (to bias >?< )
Game Center – Allow better game experience - multi-player to achievements make it very interesting and very PS3/XBOXish!
iAd – Better ways to implement ads in applications to not draw away but to enhance the ad experiance with games,videos,magic…
Well there it is, all the guts and glory of the live conference recap. Oh so when do you get the OS?
Available for what device?
Oh dang! What about the ipad?
what if I am a developer and would like to test this out before hand?
So, were you let down or are you excited to get the new OS for your iphone/ipod this summer? Let us know below!
VIDEO UPDATE: HANDS ON @ ENGADGET
Category: Apple News
About the Author (Author Profile)
I am the Owner/Founder of WJDDesigns.com & GizmoNinja.com , I was born in to a world that was emerging on the frontier of technology. Within time I self taught himself everything from coding to graphic design and wanted to bring my creations to the public by the masses. With the new growing world of mobile applications I could achieve just that. I am always looking to learn something new and provide the best service and information I can. I am really a cool and calm type of guy who is more of a lounge party setting then going to the loudest rock concert ever. When I go out to eat at fancy places the ambiance is what I comment on first, if the ambiance is poor then my food doesn’t go down as good. I look at everything around me that has different shapes and colors which creates ideas I use in my everyday projects. I try to live life to the fullest when life dishes out free time. I love to teach everyone I know who isn’t as tech literate as myself and give them more information to better their decisions. The progression in technology is life, it’s my life.