Birdman and WJD Designs show what Flyx is A-Boot

| September 2, 2010 | 31 Replies

Alright so that title is lame and only a private stab at our Canadian team editor Josh Kelly and right now I am sure he’s carving my name in his computer desks with an the word “hate” and an arrow but it made me and many people laugh… Alright on to the goods! If you own a DroidX you know a man named Birdman who was the first to have a running ROM for the DroidX. Granted it wasn’t much of a ROM if your used to Cyanogen, Bug-ess Beast and Sapphire but it was the first one none the less. It was Deodexed and Optimized with root and with a nice Froyo after taste. Birdman released this Rom in Clockwork mod and within time he tweeted he was going to have an update addressing some minor bugs and asked if there were anyone who could make a boot animation for it, that is where I came in…

I sent him a tweet and proof of my work to show how genuine I am and I was off making something with a smooth appeal. I failed at making boot animations before during the “HTC Incredible” days because I was leaving a couple things out of production of the animation. I made a great animation and sent it to Birdman knowing it wasn’t working on my device but he had to see what I had so far, and if he could fix it maybe we can get somewhere with it. Sure enough he pointed out something so small I had to fix and after I fixed it I ported it to my device and watched in awe! My first successful boot animation and it was smooth as butter and better then Moto’s stock eye IMHO. He hit me back saying the new update will have my boot animation and I was grinning since this is the first ROM on the Droid X :)

Alright so what if you don’t have a DroidX and you still want the boot animation or you already got the rom and it isn’t showing up… Meh no worries – we got it right here zipped up ready to send through using adb push or root explorer method…

Click Here for the Zip file OR check out the Video below before/during your download!

(The easiest way to put this on your device “being rooted” just take this zip and put it on your sdcard – grab the app “root explorer” from market (costs money but well worth it) – open Root Explorer and located your stock boot animation (Motorola Devices are in System/Media folder and other devices are different) – locate the “mount r/w” icon in the top right of root explorer and tap it – now long press bootanimation.zip and rename it to bootanimation.bak (to save it in case of future problems or restore) – Move your bootanimation.zip from your SD card to that folder and reboot the device – now watch and smile!

This also can be pushed via CMD prompt but I figured it is an easier direction base above…. ENJOY!

Follow Birdman on Twitter @_mrbirdman_ to find out more about his ROMS and work!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Android News

About the Author ()

I am the Owner/Founder of WJDDesigns.com & GizmoNinja.com , I was born in to a world that was emerging on the frontier of technology. Within time I self taught himself everything from coding to graphic design and wanted to bring my creations to the public by the masses. With the new growing world of mobile applications I could achieve just that. I am always looking to learn something new and provide the best service and information I can. I am really a cool and calm type of guy who is more of a lounge party setting then going to the loudest rock concert ever. When I go out to eat at fancy places the ambiance is what I comment on first, if the ambiance is poor then my food doesn’t go down as good. I look at everything around me that has different shapes and colors which creates ideas I use in my everyday projects. I try to live life to the fullest when life dishes out free time. I love to teach everyone I know who isn’t as tech literate as myself and give them more information to better their decisions. The progression in technology is life, it’s my life.

• Chris Bogart says:

Amazing job on the artwork here. This looks so sick on my X.

• Chris Bogart says:

Amazing job on the artwork here. This looks so sick on my X.

• Chris Bogart says:

Amazing job on the artwork here. This looks so sick on my X.

• Chris H. says:

Your link to the file doesn’t appear to work. However, http://www.wjddesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/FlyxBoot/bootanimation.zip works just fine. :)

Np :)

I was about to try this on my rooted 2.1. After examining the file contents of both the stock bootanimation.zip, and yours, it appears that it should work as the file/folder structures are identical.

Any thoughts before I overwrite the stock .zip and reboot? :P

Np :)

Any thoughts before I overwrite the stock .zip and reboot? :P

• WJD says:

backup and over write – if all else fails you can rename the bootanimation.bak to zip and restore it – simple no worries…

• WJD says:

• Chris H. says:

You replied just as I did heh…Yea, I made an external backup on another machine as well as just mv’ing it from bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak and then copying yours in place and chmod 644 it. Works great!

Np :)

Any thoughts before I overwrite the stock .zip and reboot? :P

• WJD says:

• Chris H. says:

Nevermind my previous comment…I jumped the gun ( I’m impatient :) ); Confirmed working on an otherwise stock 2.1. :)

Looks great! :D

Looks great! :D

Looks great! :D

• Willy says:

You think you can share that audio file you used in your video? I’d like to change my boot sound too. :D

• WJD says:

the audio being played was from the video audio not boot animation – i might put some up but the fact is you can take any mp3′s and throw them in there – I rather get the boots up first atleast :)

• WJD says:

• Willy says:

• Willy says:

• WJD says:

• OnMy2ndGP says:

FlyX was my first experience with a ROM. It was pretty dog on good. I was sad to learn that Birdman was moving on from this project. It served me well for the few weeks that I used it. 21 gun solute to this project.