Well hello old pal, where have you been lately? BBSAK or Blackberry Swiss Army Knife is one of the most used software in the Blackberry world. It allows the user to plug his or her phone up to the computer and open a cpu based application which can let you load and modify different things. I used this day and night with my Blackberry and still do when I need to “inject” different pieces of software without going through the hassle of loading them up the old fashion way. (if you can) With features like taking screenshots to backing up all your applications and installing a new OS and then restoring your apps makes this one of the most effective app must haves of the BB world. Lets say if you don’t have this application and you use the Blackberry device then your not using your Blackberry to its potential. Along with all of the standard BBSAK features we are used to comes an array of fixes that you can read below along with a quick download link.
.NET Framework 2.0
Blackberry Desktop Manager or Drivers
Version 1.8.2 fixes List:
• Redesigned code for better performance.
• Reworked backup/restore now backs up rim 3rd party apps (twitter/fb/gtalk/etc)
• Fixed bug that would not allow devices with password to connect to BBSAK
• Fixed issue where backup would occur even when cancel is clicked
• Fixed issue with saving multiple backups
• a few other smaller fixes
Version 1.8.2 Feature List:
• Wipe Blackberry leaving a 507 error.
• Reset Blackberry to factory state removing any IT Policy.
• Take Screenshots of your Blackberry (Screenshots stored in My PicturesBBScreenies now)
• Auto-Detects if phone is plugged in first.
• Displays PIN so you know your connected.
• Will not let you do any actions until phone detected.
• Load OS will auto delete Vendor.xml and start Loader.exe. (BBDM is needed for this)
• Backup 3rd Party Apps. (Now includes Instant Messengers & Social Networking Apps)
• Restore 3rd Party Apps.
• Auto-update removed and added a check for updates button under Misc. tab.
• Lots of minor fixes.
Category: Tech News
About the Author (Author Profile)
I am the Owner/Founder of WJDDesigns.com & GizmoNinja.com , I was born in to a world that was emerging on the frontier of technology. Within time I self taught himself everything from coding to graphic design and wanted to bring my creations to the public by the masses. With the new growing world of mobile applications I could achieve just that. I am always looking to learn something new and provide the best service and information I can. I am really a cool and calm type of guy who is more of a lounge party setting then going to the loudest rock concert ever. When I go out to eat at fancy places the ambiance is what I comment on first, if the ambiance is poor then my food doesn’t go down as good. I look at everything around me that has different shapes and colors which creates ideas I use in my everyday projects. I try to live life to the fullest when life dishes out free time. I love to teach everyone I know who isn’t as tech literate as myself and give them more information to better their decisions. The progression in technology is life, it’s my life.