For those of you who haven’t heard the rumored Droid 2 software update was coming, you should be checking your device settings to see if version 2.3.20 has been pushed out or not. We see that the people over at DroidLife grabbed a Verizon Wireless PDF showing the release notes, and benefits of this upgrade and I have to say it is an impressive list of changes. This update was seemingly due to come out about midnight on the 27th so it should be available very soon if not now. Have you checked your D2 recently to see if this is yet available? Check out the release notes below to see what the update has to offer and let us know if this is live for you yet.
The Droid 2 update we talked about back on the 18th is finally ready to be downloaded to devices. Well, almost ready. As you all know by now, the new Motorola devices allow for “pulling” of updates and if you check your D2 About>System Updates page, you might not be able to grab it just yet, but wait until midnight and that might change.
The update includes:
- Improved battery life.
- Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response.
- View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
- Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience.
- Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
- Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
- Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
- Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
- Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
- Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
- Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
- New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
- Export all your contacts to the SD card.
- View details of Social Networking contacts.
- VZ Navigator is now preloaded on device.
Courtesy of: DroidLife
Category: Android News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.