Here we go again BlackBerry Storm fans. We have previously heard rumors about the next generation Storm device which would potentially be the Storm3 as seen in the leaked picture below which shows us a sleeker design, and an added Track-Pad. Weeks have gone by with little to no fresh Storm news Since CrackBerry reported the refreshed Storm 2 9570 being canceled altogether, but it seems as though we are now seeing new rumors as to the specifics regarding this device and if this is true, this is pretty impressive (and I can’t help but think there is a front-facing camera under that sticker). Some believe that the delay of any new information on this device is due to BlackBerry acquiring QNX, and the fact that RIM is waiting for this to be the first Storm device to integrate this new software. We are also hearing that this may even be BlackBerry’s first 4G model? Check out the pic below as well as the possible specs from our friends at BlackBerry Cool and be sure to drop us a comment with your thoughts. Are you Storm fans hopeful, or is this too little too late as some of you may have already moved on?
The upcoming BlackBerry Storm 3 is still very much in the rumor department but some specs have been compiled which lead us to believe the Storm 3 has been delayed to get ready for QNX integration. An OS update would make this device pretty sweet, and could do a lot for the Storm brand (which we’ve actually heard is getting dropped). The new specs include:
- Camera: 5MP, 2592×1944 pixels or 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, fixed focus, dual-LED flash
- Memory: 8 or 16 GB storage w/ optional expandable to 32GB, 512 MB or 1GB RAM, 1 GB ROM
- Display: 3.7-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- GPRS: Class 32
- Optical trackpad
- Ringtones: MP3, WAV ringtones
- MP3: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player, MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- Bluetooth: Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
- 3G: HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps
- Addons: Wi-Fi, USB, GPS, OS, Video
- Weight: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1200 mAh (BL-4D)
- Talktime: Up to 432 h (2G) / Up to 480 h (3G)
- Standby: Up to 9 h (2G) / Up to 5 h (3G)
So what do you think? Again, the specs aren’t going to blow anyone away but coupled with the QNX integration could make for a cool smartphone. One other rumor is that the Storm 3 could be the first 4G BlackBerry, coming early 2011.
Category: Tech News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.