With dozens of Twitter apps to choose from on the Android market your decision just got a little harder this morning thanks to the group over at Level Up. The group that brought us Beautiful Widgets today has released a new update to their already popular Touiteur app. This update brings the version to 2.0 and adds many features that a lot of us Twitter users have been waiting for in a full featured Twitter app: New Widgets that in my opinion look awesome, ability to “mute” users, Gingerbread ready, in app image previews just to nam a few. I was a big Tweetdeck fan until I tried this new version out this morning. I am now rocking Touiteur on my X, D1, and my Gtab. Free and premium version available in the market. Premium and free versions are the same but the free is ad-supported. Please go out and buy the app to support the developers and to keep the awesome work going. Have you tried out the new Touiteur yet? Use a different client and want to say why yours is the best out there? Drop us a comment below and let us know.
Give the new Touiteur app a try at the included appbrain link below.
The Touiteur Twitter client -easily among the top Twitter apps for Android -was just updated to Version 2.0. And with the upgrade comes a whole bunch of improvements. Scrollable widgets? Check. Mute users? Check. Ready for Gingerbread? Yep. The list is massive, and it’s after the break, along with download links. And while you’re at it, swing by Level Up’s developer forum in the Android Central Forums and let ‘em know what you think. [Level Up Studio]
New features in Touiteur v2.0
- New widgets! Scrollable with compatible homes, added post widgets 2×1, 4×4, 4×3, 4×2.
- add better swipe navigation between columns (Android 2.0 and above)
- add in-app image previews (Premium/ads only)
- add a mute for users/specific text
- add advertisement for users without Touiteur Premium
- add a 4th columns to handle list/search/favorites/conversations
- the refresh in search view keeps your previous position (for live tweeting)
- show if a user is following us in the profile
- show if a user is verified in the profile
- show replies to a tweet
- store the uploaded pictures in the gallery
- show native retweets of your tweets in mentions (off by default)
- show a tiny avatar of the person doing a retweet
- add the possibility to change your profile bio/location
- fix make sure we always reply to the actual sender of a message
- fix native retweet in profile view should remain in that view
- fix handling of avatar with Unicode chars in the URL
- do the cache clearing in a thread so that the UI is still responding
- display all the favorites, not just the last 20
- long press on the hardware search button is now allowed and not blocked anymore
- added Czech, Norwegian and Brazilian translations
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread ready
Category: Android News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.