For those of us that have been using TweetDark for a while now there is a new version out bringing some much needed features that will surely help narrow the decision for anyone looking for a full featured Twitter client for Android devices. For those of you unfamiliar, TweetDark is a modded (blacked-out) version of the popular Android Twitter client TweetDeck which was made by the WJDDesigns team. Earlier today TweetDeck released version 1.0.7 bringing a slew of important, and much needed updates with the modded version TweetDark right behind them. Perhaps the most notable addition is the ability to send messages longer than 140 characters using TweetDecks own deck.ly client as well as the Instagr.am preview finally being implemented. TweetDeck is by far becoming one of the top Android Twitter clients and with excellent customer support, timely updates and a gorgeous modded version to choose from it is hard to use anything else. Check out the official changelog below and be sure to drop us a comment with your favorite Android Twitter client. TweetDark is FREE to download by clicking on the source link below!
- Added deck.ly support
- Fixed scroll rendering artifacts on Honeycomb
- Fixed cursor reply bug on 2.3
- Instagr.am links with _ now get previewed
- Added confirmation that a user really wants to @ reply themselves
- Fixed small post widget avatar
- Fixed – use the correct account when replying to a tweet
- Don’t allow users to DM people who don’t follow them
- Insert buzz and fb posts immediately into timeline
- Better add column UI for people with single accounts
- Better error messages for update failures
Category: Android News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.