So, I thought I was the only one with this problem. But, evidently not! Admittedly, I suck at finding apps in the Market. I never know what I’m looking for, never know what’s available, I get frustrated, then I give up. As a result, I have every Boston sports app available, Angry Birds (for my 4 year old, I swear), and a few other random things.
Today, during day two of the Google I/O conference, they finally threw me a bone! Available immediately, new discovery tools have been added to the Android Market:
- Top Apps – What’s popular right now
- Editor’s Choice – Top apps chosen by Google
- Top Developers – Designated with a special icon
- Related Apps – Suggestions based on what you’ve already purchased (are there any Boston sports apps I missed?!)
- Trending Apps – Most popular apps based on daily downloads
Ok, now go forth and search, shop, and install. And let us know how much easier it is than before!
About the Author (Author Profile)
Hey All – I’m an IT Project Lead by day (and sometimes night), Android newbie, and token ninja chick. I’m also a sports fanatic…particularly my boys from Boston.