We reported that the DROID 3 was rooted thanks to security consultant, Dan Rosenberg, earlier today. The initial instructions were for a manual process via adb, which newer users might not really have a handle on. As we thought, it didn’t take long for someone to bust out an easy 1-click root method – which apparently works on pretty much any Motorola Android device, due to the exploit being a Moto vulnerability.
Here you go, DROID 3 owners, root away!:
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - [Download Drivers]
2. Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v5′ - [Download 1-Click]
3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Plug phone into computer and select “Charge Only” mode
5. Navigate to ‘Droid 3 easy root’ folder and run ‘Click to root your Droid 3.bat’
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and PR guy for GizmoNinja.com. I’m happily married and a father to a wonderful (most of the time) son. I work in the E9-1-1 software/data industry by day and am a tech loving geek in my spare time. I’m interested in all things tech, but am big into Android especially. I dabble in a little of everything – Android development, PC development, web development, etc – but am a master of none (not even close)… But I have fun doing it anyway! =P