Finally…maybe…a reason for this ninja chick to score a tablet? (Notice I didn’t say iPad, so I am at least willing to wait for the Android version) Anyway, to the point. Google yesterday announced the new Google Catalogs app, “a free app for tablet devices that enables you to browse all of your favorite catalogs and interact with new layers of rich-media content.” Like. No, love.
Available first on the iPad, but coming soon for Android tablets as well, the app allows users to browse digital catalogs for some of the top-selling brands like: Anthropologie, Bare Escentuals, Bergdorf Goodman, Crate and Barrel, L.L. Bean, Lands’ End, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Pottery Barn, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Sundance, Tea Collection, Urban Outfitters and Williams-Sonoma.
Direct from the Google Moble Blog, with Google Catalogs you can:
- Interact: Zoom in to see products up close, tap on tags to learn more about an item or, in some catalogs, view inspiring photo albums and videos.
- Find products in nearby stores: When an item catches your eye, instantly find it in a store near you or tap “Buy on Website” to visit the merchant online.
- Express your creativity: Create a collage of your favorite catalog pages and products. If you need inspiration, you can check out collages created by others.
- Share with friends: Email a product or collage to all your shopping buddies.
- Get instant access to new catalogs: Add catalogs to your Favorites and get notified each time a new issue arrives.
- Discover new products and brands: Search for products within or across multiple catalogs to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Source: Google Mobile Blog
About the Author (Author Profile)
Hey All – I’m an IT Project Lead by day (and sometimes night), Android newbie, and token ninja chick. I’m also a sports fanatic…particularly my boys from Boston.