If you are into hiking or kayaking or pretty much anything that involves stopping to camp in a tent at night without a car nearby, you know how taxing it cam be to drag around a tent to sleep in. These two new tents aim to help in that are. The tents are just 22 and 29 oz for a single or double and you can reduce that if you use your hiking poles at the tent poles. Here is a rundown of the full specs:
- Ultra-light weight — just 22 oz / 625g for the Solo (1 person) and 29 oz / 846g for the Duo (2 person)
- The Solo has one entrance and one vestibule. The Duo has two entrances and two vestibules
- Pertex ® Endurance 20D nylon shell fabric that has a 1,000mm waterhead and a 7000MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate)
- 15D waterproof nylon walls, vestibule & floor has a 1,200mm waterhead
- Double stitched and bar tacked at all stress points for strength and endurance
- Fully tape seam sealed and reflective guy lines
- Includes 2 x 7075 alloy poles and 6 x hard anodized 7075 alloy pegs
- Can be pitched with a pair of trekking poles and natural anchors for extra weight savings
- Internal storage pocket not offered on many lightweight shelters
- Optional lightweight Tyvek® ground sheets
The tents are not for the budget minded as they run $429 and $499 between the single and double. Happy camping!
Category: Tech News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.