One of the hottest phones of the year (OK, the hottest) has been around a long time. Just not here in the USA. Sprint and Tmo have brought their version out and now ATT is set to release the S2 on their network. This version of the device is a little bit different in screen size (4.3 v 4.6) from the other two carriers but the internals are still the same:
- 4G – HSPA+
- Android (2.3 Gingerbread)
- GSM Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- UMTS Tri-band( 850/1900/2100MHz)
- Screen: 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.2Ghz x 2 (dual core)
- Camera: 8MP AF with LED flash + 2MP front
- Video Record: 1080p Full HD
- HDMI Out: HDMI via HDTV Smart Adapter with HDCP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 1650mAh
- Sensor: Motion UX, 6-axis gyroscope, proximity, light, noise (Audience A2220)
So you’ve got a little over a week to get your old phone sold or save up $200 and pick up the best phone ATT will have to offer at the time. Does the lack of NFC make you want to wait and see what’s next? Maybe an Ice Cream Sandwich phone given Samsung’s track record of slow updates? Either way, it’ll be here and you should give it a look if you’re in the market for a new phone on ATT.
Category: Tech News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.