I already know what you’re thinking…here goes Sarah. There’s gotta be some lingerie, cooking utensil, and/or girl “stuff” involved. Thanks to the HTC Rhyme, it’s the latter. Announced yesterday by Verizon, the Rhyme will be available starting tomorrow, September 22nd, for a cool $199. Have I mentioned yet that it’s purple? Right, purple. Other features include Android 2.3, a 3.7 inch display, 1GHz processor, and 5 mp camera. So, pretty much meh, and it’s purple, too. Oh, and I don’t want to forget the nifty “charm” accessory – it lights up when you get a call or text. Fancy!
Frankly, 200 bucks for a purple phone? Um, no. But, to its credit, check out the full list of accessories, from androidguys, you get for that price:
- HTC Rhyme Docking Station - The Docking Station simultaneously recharges the phone while turning the Rhyme into an alarm clock and music center so you can wake to your favorite songs played directly from the built-in Bluetooth capable speakers.
- HTC Rhyme Charm - The Charm is an innovative approach for discretely alerting you to incoming calls or messages while the HTC Rhyme is deep in your bag. The Charm is a small light-emitting cube that attaches to the phone by a cord that can dangle from your bag and also be used to quickly pull the phone out of your bag. It also makes it easy to find your phone buried in your cluttered purse or backpack.
- HTC Rhyme Sports Armband - The Sports Armband allows you to work out in style while keeping your apps and music close to you.
- HTC Rhyme Tangle Free Headphones - The Tangle Free Headphones take the hassle out of listening to your favorite music.
- HTC Rhyme Bluetooth® Headset - The wireless headset follows the same design cues as the phone itself and enables for easy hands free use.
- HTC Rhyme Bluetooth® Car Speaker – The wireless speaker clips onto sun visor in your car for easy and safe driving.
So there you go, a purple chick phone. That’s kinda what it boils down to.
Category: Android News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Hey All – I’m an IT Project Lead by day (and sometimes night), Android newbie, and token ninja chick. I’m also a sports fanatic…particularly my boys from Boston.