Google has it’s hands out in so many thing that sometimes I can’t even remember what the search pioneers can’t do. I often wonder how much bigger Google can get before they implode on themselves. There is already plenty of backlash on the fragmentation of Android. There are other small cracks in the wall that pop up from time to time as well. I/O alone is bringing enough announcements to make most people who don’t care for Google absolutely hate them. They want to own the market of many different things from directions to social networks and even how you read the news. Here is a quick summary showing you just how Google is targeting some of your other favorite large companies(from GigaOM):
- Google’s Android is fighting with Apple’s iOS platform. It says a million new devices are being activated every day and there are 400 million Android devices out there.
- Google just launched Nexus 7 to essentially compete with Apple’s iPad and other tablets in the market.
- Google TV and Apple TV are in competition for the dollars and attention of connected-entertainment consumers.
- Google Drive vs iCloud.
- Google Maps versus Apple Maps.
- Google Wallet/Play versus the Apple iTunes platform.
- Google Books, Google Music and other Media versus iTunes and iBooks.
- Google’s Chrome OS is taking on Microsoft’s OS.
- Google Apps versus Microsoft Office Apps.
- Google Android versus Microsoft Windows 8 platform.
- Google Nexus 7 tablet versus Microsoft Surface tablet.
- Google Cloud will be competing for Microsoft’s Azure cloud and developer affections.
- Google Drive versus Microsoft Skydrive.
- Google Search versus Microsoft Bing.
- Google Nexus 7 versus Amazon’s Kindle Fire.
- Google Android platform versus the Amazon Fork.
- Google Cloud wants to challenge Amazon Web Services.
- Google Wallet versus Amazon payment system.
- Google Books, Google Music and other media plays versus Amazon Music, Books and Media
- Google+ versus Facebook.
- Google messaging versus Facebook Messaging.
- Google Picasa versus Facebook Photos.
- Google Ad Platform versus Facebook Ad Platform.
- Google Search versus Facebook Social Discovery.
And there are some other companies Google is tussling with.
- Google Drive versus DropBox as a hub of mobile data and apps.
- Google Nexus Q versus Sonos.
- Google Local versus Yelp.
- Google Wallet versus Paypal, Square.
- Google Search versus Twitter.
- Google+ versus Twitter.
- Google’s YouTube versus others such as Hulu.
So how do you feel about the tentacles of Google?
Category: Tech News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.