Before we get started, you need at least an 8gb flash drive which will be completely deleted during this process.
1. Download Mountain Lion from the app store and put it on your desktop.
2. Download the diskmaker app
3. Open Diskmaker and it should give you the option to make a boot disk of OS 10.8, select it
4. When given the option to burn a DVD or make a boot disk, Select your option.
5. Select the thumb drive when prompted and let the app do it’s work.
Thats it! Now you can boot the flash drive up to any machine you would like to update to Mountain Lion
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.