Sony has had a tablet making it’s way around the leaked images scene and rumormill for a bit. Today, Sony has unveiled the Tablet S which will be available in September. Specs are as follows:
- 23.8cm (9.4”) (1280 x 800) IPS OptiContrast
- Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core
- 16 / 32 / 64GB Storage options
- Front camera: 1.0 effective megapixels HD web camera
- Rear camera: 8.0 effective megapixels HD camera
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 3G (3G models)
- Multi Port, SD Card, Microphone, Headphone Out, Stereo Speaker
- Ambient light sensor, Gyro, Compass, Accelerometer, GPS
- Dimensions: 241.2mm (W) x 8.8mm (H1) / 11.85mm (H2) x 174.4mm (D)
- Weight: 570g (Wi-Fi models) / 585g (3G models)
- Battery: Capacity 6000 mAh, provides up to 10 hours Internet browsing / 12 hours video playback
- Slim new aluminum body and splash-proof design
- Built-in universal remote with time-saving macro programming
- Personalized profiles for family and visitors with Guest Mode
- Wide range of accessories including covers, docks and stands
No word on the price or the exact release date yet. If it follows in line with other tablets of this spec range it will likely be around $400.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Co-owner and Editor-in-Chief of GizmoNinja.com.
During the day I work in graphic design and also do photography. By night I try to play with programming and code of all different types. I love the opportunity to write for the site and hope to see it grow as time goes on.